A political activist and former Deputy National Publicity Secretary of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Comrade Timi Frank, on Sunday, urged the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari, to urgently constitute a panel of inquiry to investigate the illegal withdrawal of N10billion from the Treasury Single Account.
Frank in a statement in Abuja, said that such a panel must of necessity be given a clear mandate to unravel the involvement of the Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo and the Auditor General of the Federation (AuGF), Anthony Ayine, in the brazen illegality.
He noted that for Osinbajo, it appears to be a season of one month one corruption scandal.
The political activist said has become extremely worrisome that the nation is sinking deeper into corruption, with multiple fraud scandals, at a time Nigerians expected to see tangible dividends of the anti-corruption war, which is the foremost object of this regime.
He also called on Osinbajo to explain his role in the various corruption allegations that have been trailing him since 2017 rather than always running to court to divert attention.
He called on the National Assembly not only to probe the N10bn TSA heist, but to act on their report by initiating impeachment proceedings against Osinbajo, if found wanting.
“Since after the 2019 general elections, Osinbajo has been enmeshed in one corruption allegation or the other, and it is high time an official probe is ordered to unravel the truth.
Frank said: “First, Osinbajo was linked to N90bn said to have been funneled to him by the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) to prosecute the 2019 general elections in the Southwest.
“The Vice President was also said to have received the sum of N4bn from the suspended acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) which is still questionable.
“Besides, the House of Representatives Committee on Emergency and Disaster Preparedness had indicted Osinbajo for approving the sum of N5.8 billion for emergency intervention of food security to the northeast in June 2017, when he was acting president.
“This is why the present allegation of illegal withdrawal of N10billion from the TSA made against the VP has become one scam too many.
“It is only a thorough and unbiased investigative panel that can either confirm or disprove these allegations and the time to order such a probe by Buhari is now.
“Osinbajo as an elected public official, and he owes Nigerians an inalienable obligation to explain his part in all these corruption allegations against him.
“Going to court and seeking to use legal gymnastics to intimidate and harass whistle blowers is at best diversionary.
“On his part, the AuGF should be suspended from office to allow for unhindered investigation of this illegality and gross abuse of office.
“The ongoing probe of the suspended acting chairman of the EFCC should serve as a template for the unraveling of this mind-boggling looting of the nation’s treasury.
“Nigerians expect the National Assembly to rise up and defend democracy and ensure that the nation’s resources are not being brazenly plundered in this sordid manner.
“It is high time the lawmakers jettison their rubber stamp attitude, conduct diligent investigation and ensure that those found to have abused their offices are booted out, through impeachment or otherwise, and equally prosecuted to serve as a deterrent to others.”
NDA Release Official Statement Following Attack by Bandits
The security architecture of the Nigerian Defence Academy was compromised early this morning by unknown gunmen who gained access into the residential area within the Academy in Afaka. During the unfortunate incident, we lost two personnel and one was abducted.
The Academy in collaboration with the 1Division Nigerian Army and Air Training Command as well as other security agencies in Kaduna state has since commenced pursuit of the unknown gunmen within the general area with a view to tracking them and rescue the abducted personnel.
The NDA community and Cadets are safe in the Academy. We assure the general public that this unknown gunmen would soon be apprehended and the abducted personnel rescued.
Bashir Muhd Jajira
Academy Public Relations Officer
24 August 2021
2023 , IBB Youth O’Clock and the Call for Forthrightness
Ngozi Alaegbu was the star of that Arise Tv interview for two reasons, the first was the razor sharp and fearless questions she threw at the General.
And the second, the incisive manner and poise that got the General talking, infact the General spoke albeit frankly on several issues ranging from the banality of partisan politics in Nigeria to the failure of his generation, from the prevalence of corruption in his time to the Olympic status of corruption in the present, and from the absence of Justice in this clime to the imperativeness of resource control and true fiscal federalism, call it restructuring, if you like.
But one subject the General parried like he always does was Youth O’Clock and the call for a new republic come 2023. Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida IBB was clear in ruling out citizens Atiku Abubakar and Ahmed Tinubu as worthy candidates in the 2023 power contestation. But IBB maradonically threw up a twist, he called for a new generation of leaders and yet muddled the waters by talking about a leader in his 60s. Still the Maradona, the Evil Genius you may say.
One tread ran through that interesting interview, and that is the call for a new Republic, for a new generation of leaders and thinkers, and for a Pan Nigerian President come 2023. But IBB owes the polity the debt of forthrightness and the duty of care as he clocks 80years in a few days. He should right the past through some forthrightness.
At 4 score years we expect less dribbles. At 80 IBB’s most important deft touch should be a clear validation of the season, the moment and the movement. IBB knows that the time is Youth O’Clock, he knows that Nigerian youths have the capacity and the competency to salvage this Enterprise from the precipice. And he knows that the fire of patriotism remains largely in the Youths.
We know and have seen young men and women in their mid 30s, 40s and early 50s who have genuinely bestrode the Nigerian space with a breath of fresh air. We have seen the energy and electricity of the 46years old Governor of Kogi State, Yahaya Bello whose stride across the nation fits the description of IBB, we have seen Governor Yahaya Bello’s understanding of economics, finance and commerce, and have observed his love and friendship across the Nigerian geography, and would ask the General for some forthrightness. Call his name, IBB call his name, he is ready, willing and able to right the wrongs you all left behind, and he is ready to give a definite closure to the lost years of Nigeria.
Together with him we are building endearing and enduring blocks of oneness, purpose and patriotism across Nigeria, and together we shall berth a new and vibrant Nigeria come 2023. Say his name, be forthright and redeem the past, IBB.
And the time without an ounce of equivocation is Youth O’Clock.
Chris Mustapha Nwaokobia Jnr.
Got Your Back Nigeria.
Igbo Delegates Expell Eze Ibe Nwosu From the Association of Ndieze
IGBO DELEGATES ASSEMBLY(IDA)COMMUNIQUE REACHED AT THE EMERGENCY JOINT MEETING OF THE IGBO DELEGATES ASSEMBLY (IDA) AND THE ASSOCIATION OF
THE EZE NDIGBO IN THE NINETEEN NORTHERN STATES OF NIGERIA AND THE FCT ABUJA HELD ON THE 12TH DAY OF JUNE, 2021, IN ABUJA
All protocols duly observed.
Preamble: After a thorough deliberation on the State of the Nation, our country Nigeria and the secession activities of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), by a joint meeting of the Igbo Delegates Assembly (IDA) and the Association of Eze Ndigbo in the nineteen northern states of Nigeria and the FCT, the following resolutions were reached:
- We stand for one Nigeria in its entirety, condemn the secessionist activities of IPOB and therefore dissociate ourselves from same.
- We urge the Federal Government and all the relevant authorities in Nigeria to use lawful measures towards securing the unity, security and development of all parts of our great country, Nigeria.
- We condemn and denounce in its entirety, the various on-going insecurity activities of killings, banditry, kidnappings, destruction of government property, robbery, unlawful herdsman-ship, etc.
- All Nigerians are free to live and engage in all or any lawful business, acquire and develop property in any part of Nigeria and maintain that nobody or group of persons should act against the exercise of such rights.
- We urge all our people in the Eastern part of Nigeria to desist from all acts and or omissions that would endanger the lives of our people in the North and other parts of Nigeria.
- We support the current government of Nigeria and urge her to ensure Nigeria is led with unity, peace, equity and justice for the development of our great country, Nigeria.
- We support the rightful demands of the Igbos for a Nigerian President of Igbo extraction come 2023, no matter the political party.
- We condemn and disassociate ourselves from all killings and destruction of property in Eastern Nigeria and urge that no Nigerian should associate us with same.
- We pass a complete vote of confidence on the Igbo Delegates Assembly (Igbos in the 19 Northern States and the FCT Abuja) and Association of Eze Ndigbo in the North and FCT Abuja; and as affiliates of Ohaneze Ndigbo Worldwide, we disassociate ourselves from individuals or group of persons who parade themselves as Ohaneze Ndigbo in the 19 Northern States and the FCT Abuja.
- We recognize and maintain that Ohaneze Ndigbo Worldwide is our apex body and there should be no proliferation of the body in any part of the North.
- Further to the earlier decision taken by the Ndieze of the 19 Northern States and the FCT Abuja over the suspension of Eze Ibe Nwosu, he has now been finally expelled from the Association of Ndieze in 19 Northern States and the FCT Abuja.
• Long live the Igbo Delegates Association (IDA);
• Long live the Association of Eze Ndigbo in 19 Northern States and the FCT Abuja;
• Long live Ohaneze Ndigbo Worldwide;
• Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Chief Chi Nwogu
His Majesty Eze Pampas Ngozi Wahiwe
(Chairman, Eze Ndigbo in the 19 Northern States and the FCT Abuja).
His Majesty Eze Bonifact Ibekwe
(Eze Igbo Kano and President-General of Eze Ndigbo in Diaspora).
Politics1 year ago
Electricity Tariff Hike: Review Is A Painful Adjustment – President Buhari
Politics1 year ago
South-South Zone Is Completely PDP, Says Wike Ahead Of Edo Election
Politics1 year ago
Edo Refinery, Other Projects Will Earn Gov. Obaseki Second Term – Gideon Ikhine
Politics1 year ago
Party Crisis: Progressives Governors’ Forum DG Calls For Constitutional Review
Politics1 year ago
PGF Boss, Lukman Denies Media Report of Division Among APC Governors
Investigation1 year ago
NDDC Spent 1.3trn Between 2015 And 2019 – Senate Report
Politics2 years ago
Ignore Tinubu’s Comment, He Cannot Speak for South-West – Activist
News3 years ago
Armed Forces Need N9bn Annually For Shoes, Boots, Says DG Defence Research