“An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic demands to the broader concerns of humanity.” – Martin Luther King Jnr.
The GYB revolution in Kogi remains a marvel to naysayers and a wonderment to those who are determined to see no good and say no good about the Yahaya Bello superintendence of the Confluence State, but the mere wish of failure cannot stop the determined. Kogi is a marvel on several scores because rather than join issues with his detractors GYB is at work for the good of the State of Kogi and her wonderful people.
GYB’s strides in Kogi are Olympic and so is his commitment to good governance, please carefully interrogate the concluding Part of the 21 things that qualify Governor Yahaya Bello GYB for higher office, as without an ounce of equivocation GYB STANDS OUT.
15. GYB leads the pack in the engagement of Youths, Women and the Physically Challenged in Governance and Leadership, little wonder the leadership of the ruling Party found him worthy to Chair the Party (APC) Revalidation and Reregistration protocols in that respect.
16. The UNITED NATIONS in a letter dated 26th January, 2020 without mincing words acknowledged and commended Governor Yahaya Bello for being one of the foremost gender sensitive leaders in Nigeria, and that Kogi State stands out as an example in gender balance in governance in Nigeria, indeed GYB was clearly praised for promoting women inclusiveness in politics and leadership. With such incontrovertible fact in a nation craving gender inclusion, GYB shows the way to the future.
17. Having made Kogi State the safest State in the North, and the second safest State in Nigeria after the State of Osun, GYB have been able to sustain an amicable Herder/Farmers cooperation in the State such that food security in the Confluence State of Kogi remains unbroken. And such that the world class Rice Mill constructed by the Government of GYB continues to produce Rice without hindrance, such is the enigma called GYB.
18. In the face of the raging Covid19 controversy regarding the position of GYB on the pandemic, and not worried about the invectives of The Presidential Task Force PTF on Covid19 ditto the warning that Kogi State is high risk, Kogi State has remained the State with the least Covid19 infections in Nigeria, and tops the chart in the State with the highest Foreign Direct Investment during the last Lockdown of the economy. In doing this GYB have chosen the love for his people and indeed the Country over political correctness. He has chosen the wellbeing of the nation over political correctness. And have chosen to challenge State operators to interrogate and find a home based approach and solution to the Covid19 pandemic. This uncanny patriotism and consistency qualifies GYB for the Presidency of the Country come 2023.
19. Not only has GYB shown capacity as a leader of men and women, and a great manager of resources, the young man who at 45 superintends over and have secured a State with a landmass more than the entire South East put together, have also conquered the biases of ethnicity and religion in Kogi State. He has not only advanced the waters of religious and tribal harmony he has by being the first civilian Governor in almost 3decades to build a Chapel in the Government House, he being a Muslim, shown the way to religious harmony. Without a vestige of doubt GYB is the bridge builder that Nigeria needs today.
20. As the enigma called GYB continues to engage the young and the old at all levels and layers of leadership in the State of Kogi, he calls out to the nation called Nigeria to follow his exemplary leadership modem by building an inclusive leadership paradigm where the Young can draw wisdom from the old in a highly competitive world without the old feeling threatened. The GYB model is the call for a nation where competency and capacity is king, and GYB is saying that when made PYB we shall build a nation where competency and capacity reigns.
21. Being the Governor and the Chief Executive of the State that has paid off the most of its local debts, having lately paid off as much as almost 51billion of her local debt, GYB is saying that fiscal discipline and prudence shall be the hallmark of the nation he shall superintend by the grace of God and the citizens of this great nation come 2023.
Compatriots, Kogi State is an example of proactive Youth competency and capacity in governance. And GYB is the lamp holder showing the way to what Nigeria can become should the youths, women and the aged support him to replicate the Kogi magic at the national level.
The liberty to interrogate these facts are yours Countrymen and women, however the enigma fondly called GYB in the face of the sacred truths and facts here above presented is apparently the most fit, able and qualified for the high office of President come 2023.
Chabor Musa Nyamgul Jnr.
Convener GOT YOUR BACK NIGERIA (GYB NIGERIA).
For Details On This and More, Please visit www.gybnigeria.com
Yahaya Bello and the Fuji House of Commotion Called The PDP – By Chris Mustapha Nwaokobia Jnr
How more frustrated can a Party that prides itself as the largest Party in Africa be? The Party has failed to lead a vibrant opposition having lost power at the centre some 6years ago. And the Party has become a rambunctious and rabble rousing entity shooting at everything like an age grade village union.
The Peoples Democratic Party PDP has failed to present before the nation a viable alternative blueprint which is the least a credible opposition party should do. Alas the Party suffering from the frustration of losing her leading lights to the All Progressive Congress APC in the past weeks, have chosen to walk deeper down the path of shame. Or how else can one describe the present outburst, diatribe, and ill-informed assessment of the Yahaya Adoza Bello watch over the State of Kogi?
Show me a PDP State and a PDP Governor that has handled Gender Issues like Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State? Kogi has the highest gender inclusiveness in the whole of Africa, second arguably to Rwanda, and that’s responsiveness and civilization in leadership. The PDP therefore erred in qualifying the Bello Watch as having taken Kogi State years back. Indeed Kogi State under Bello’s watch tops the chart in the United Nations assessment of States that comply with the Millenium Development Goals in Nigeria.
Show me a PDP State or Givernor that has managed Security issues like Yahaya Bello has done in Kogi. It is without equivocation that a State like Kogi State with 9 borders is yet the safest State in Nigeria. The truth is sacred and facts are Olympic, so the PDP must learn some honour by acknowledging that you cannot because of politics rubbish a record so evident as noon day. Knowing that the primary responsibility of government is the protection of lives and property, the House of Commotion called the PDP must cover her face in shame, and applaud the young man who has made his State the safest in Nigeria.
Show me a PDP State and Governor that has impacted the citizens in the area of Agriculture like Yahaya Bello has done? Indeed today one of the most functional Rice Mills in the Country is in Kogi State being fed with grains by Rice Farmers in and around the State. And evidently Kogi State tops the chart in the support of farmers in the Country, ask the Central Bank of Nigeria, the records are there.
Need we talk about Religious, Cultural and Ethnic harmony? Is the PDP aware that a multi ethnic, multi religious and a multi lingual State like Kogi tops the chart in peaceful coexistence in the Country? Does the PDP know that the inclusiveness in governance of the disparate ethnicities in Kogi dwarfs any other State in Nigeria? Does the PDP know that Kogi State has the highest level of Youth participation in leadership in Nigeria, and does the PDP know that the young men and women running Kogi State and doing profoundly are eggheads whose commitment to responsible and responsive leadership is second to none?
And does the PDP know that in this period of the Covid pandemic it is on record that Kogi State has generated more revenue and impacted her citizens better than most States in Nigeria because the young man Governor Yahaya Adoza Bello thinks outside the box.
The PDP and her fellow travelers on the path of mendacity must imbibe the ability for frank research, for the knack to poke a deep hole in the balloon of naysayers and purveyors of deceit and tommyrot is what stands out the Yahaya Bello Movement.
PDP and its image makers must therefore seek first to resolve the contradictions in the House of Commotion called the Peoples Democratic Party before seeking to deploy falsehood and perfidy as a tool in her failed effort at discharging the duties of an opposition Party. May these indelible words of Sir Walter Scott ‘O what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive’ serve as reprimand to the kindergarten work of the PDP in opposition politics in Kogi State and at the Federal level.
Chris Mustapha Nwaokobia Jnr.
GOT YOUR BACK NIGERIA (GYB NIGERIA)
Rotational Presidency: Yahaya Bello , Ohaneze and Chief Ogbonnia’s Ignoble Effort to Rewrite History – By Chris Mustapha Nwaokobia Jnr
I would not have responded to that uncouth and demeaning press statement penned by one Chief Alex Ogbonnia and credited to Ohaneze Nd’Igbo, but for the tissue of lies, perfidy and conceit that liter that ignoble effort at rewriting history.
First that Press Statement clearly exposes the Ohaneze disrespect and disregard for Youth. Does Youth to Ohaneze mean the inability to follow the events of history properly? Does blackmail legitimize falsehood? And to what end was that mendacious Press Statement credited to Ohaneze Nd’Igbo?
I am a Nigerian of Igbo extraction, and do not subscribe to ROTATIONAL PRESIDENCY, and there are millions of Igbo who believe that Competency and Capacity must denominate the entire space of our politics as 2023 approaches.
Again there is also no Constitutional backing for Zoning and or ROTATIONAL PRESIDENCY. Infact the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria as amended provides for the freedom of all citizens above the age of 35 who possess the requisite qualification to aspire to the office of President. To zone and or restrict the High Office of President to a particular region or zone is therefore unconstitutional. How does that logical argument of Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State merit the kindergarten response of one Chief Alex Ogbonnia who claims to be the Spokesman of Ohaneze Nd’Igbo? Even more curious is the effort to drag a highly respected Socio-Cultural group like Ohaneze Nd’Igbo in the mud by deploying very unworthy and uncharitable language in that foul attempt by Chief Ogbonnia to rewrite history.
Let me state prestissimo that that 1998 meeting at the National University Commission Conference Centre in Abuja referred to in the Ohaneze Nd’Igbo statement did not settle the issue of zoning and or ROTATIONAL PRESIDENCY. Yes, there were persuasive arguments on the need for zoning but no such thing was agreed upon. It is on record that a few months after, Chief Alex Ekwueme, Chief Jim Nwobodo and a few others outside the Southwest zone were to contest for the Presidential Ticket of the Peoples Democratic Party against Chief Olusegun Obasanjo who was the leading candidate of the Southwest in the PDP primaries. So where and when was zoning/ROTATIONAL PRESIDENCY settled?
Noted that Governor Yahaya Bello may have been in Ahmadu Bello University at the period in our history that that Ohaneze statement seek to misrepresent, must they deny the young man the right to an informed position on the Nigerian polity? Must they continue in the ignoble trajectory that denigrates Youths? When will they understand that in the 21st century information is at the finger tip of the Youths? Sad.
If Zoning and or ROTATIONAL PRESIDENCY was settled as a protocol on our body polity, would President Mohammadu Buhari have been a three-time candidate before he won the 2015 Presidency in his fourth attempt?
If zoning/ROTATIONAL PRESIDENCY were a settled item in our polity would Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar have been a four-time Presidential Candidate since 2007? Would the array of Northern and Southern Aspirants who participated in the various Presidential Primaries of the leading Political Parties between 1999 and 2019 have been? To attempt to blackmail a sitting Governor with deceit, falsehood and perfidy is a no no, and this generation has gone beyond such tommyrot.
May I state without an ounce of equivocation that what those who believe in Igbo Presidency should do is deploy tact and diplomacy rather than blackmail and diatribe, because those who believe in competency and capacity as the linchpin for the President we crave come 2023 cannot and will not be cowed.
Finally I implore the eminent leader of Ohaneze Nd’Igbo Chief George Obizor to helm in the rabid Spokesman of the group for Ndigbo are good students of history and do not deploy falsehood, mendacity and perfidy in pursuit of any worthy cause. Ya’gazie.
Chris Mustapha Nwaokobia Jnr.
AKA Chukwudumebi Nkemcho Nwaokobia CNN.
Convener COUNTRYFIRST MOVT.
Of Zoning/ Rotational Presidency and the Fallacy of the Elite I – By Chris Mustapha Nwaokobia Jnr
Any sincere call for Zoning and or Rotational Presidency should be the call for Gender Equity in Governance. A woman has never been the President of Nigeria, so why isn’t the elite calling for zoning of power to Women?
Since 1999 no Youth and or under 50years have been President of Nigeria, why isn’t the political elite calling for Power shift or zoning of power to the largest population demography in Nigeria, the Youths?
Who says that zoning or Power Rotation will quieten the discord that pummels our polity? Did the two major Political Parties in 1999 not field a Yoruba Candidate from the South West? Did Obasanjo’s 8years as President stop the agitation for Oodua Republic? Is the South West not asking for another shot at the Presidency in the name of zoning of power to the South come 2023? Who is deceiving who?
We must debunk the fallacy of the Ruling elite and tell them that not only is Zoning and or Rotational Presidency unconstitutional, it is a self-serving, a self-seeking and a perfidious power ploy. We are not buying their devious epistemology, not anymore.
The Clock says it is time for competency and capacity, the moment says it is Youth O’Clock and the time says that 2023 politics must be dominated by worthy and worthwhile indices other than those of region and religion.
I want to see a Woman or a Youth in the saddle. I want to see the most gender friendly political operator or office holder as President of Nigeria. I want to see competent young persons with capacity to govern emerge as Presidential candidates across the leading Political Parties, and proceed to win the Presidency come 2023. I want to see vibrant issues oriented debate, not whose turn or to what region power must devolve. I want to see a Pan Nigerian candidate. And I want to see a Pan Nigerian President in 2023.
Nigeria is troubled on all sides by the failure of leadership, by the lack of competency and capacity in leadership, and by the absence of Justice, equity and fairness. The panacea to the ills that trouble Nigeria will undoubtedly be good Governance centred on equity, fairness and justice, and not the self-seeking sermonette called zoning and or Rotational Presidency.
May we thumb down the fallacy that takes the solution to our problem away from empirical issues to banal ethnic and regional epistemology. And may we challenge all political operators to a new Creed, indeed one that makes competency and capacity the linchpin in our journey to 2023. God Bless Nigeria.
Chris Mustapha Nwaokobia Jnr.
AKA Chukwudumebi Nkemcho Nwaokobia CNN.
Convener COUNTRYFIRST MOVT.
Politics11 months ago
Electricity Tariff Hike: Review Is A Painful Adjustment – President Buhari
Politics12 months ago
Party Crisis: Progressives Governors’ Forum DG Calls For Constitutional Review
Politics1 year ago
PGF Boss, Lukman Denies Media Report of Division Among APC Governors
Investigation1 year ago
NDDC Spent 1.3trn Between 2015 And 2019 – Senate Report
Politics2 years ago
Ignore Tinubu’s Comment, He Cannot Speak for South-West – Activist
News3 years ago
Armed Forces Need N9bn Annually For Shoes, Boots, Says DG Defence Research
News2 years ago
Amaechi Endorses AAC Guber Candidate in Rivers
News3 years ago
ASUU Strike: Ngige Begs Varsity Teacher to Have Mercy on Students